Real Estate Market Study Germany up to 2040
The socio-economic consulting firm empirica AG has issued a second long-term forecast for the German real estate market for BayernLB. This new study discusses which developments are likely to take place over the next 30 years in the residential, commercial, retail, hotel and logistics branches of the real estate market.
Many factors directly or indirectly affecting the real estate market are already in the public eye, such as demographic changes and energy reserves. Others include scarcity of government funds and uncertainty regarding the future legal retirement age.
The study analyses the following phenomena and their impact on the German real estate market:
- the economy in general and globalisation
- regional economic developments and structures
- government funds
- social policies and purchasing power
- oil price, climate change, environment policies and the effects thereof
- changes in settlement patterns, reurbanisation
- auses and effects of the current economic and financial crisis